Online Banking - FAQ
What is Online Banking?
Online Banking is our online service that allows you to access your account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using Online Banking, you can:
- View real-time account balances, check images and history
- 24-hour access to checking, loans and CDs
- Export history to financial software or spreadsheets
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Pay bills online
- Request stop payments
What do I need to bank online?
Banking online is easy. Online Banking works well on most of today's browsers and must support 256-bit SSL encryption. If your browser does not support these encryption levels, you'll need to update it. To get started, simply enroll to receive your log in information.
What types of accounts can I view with Online Banking?
With Online Banking, you can view all your Sutton Bank accounts, as well as loans.
How often is my account information updated?
Account information is updated in real-time, offering you the most current information available.
How secure is my personal account information?
Sutton Bank uses the latest Internet security available, including secure communications (SSL), firewalls, 256-bit encryption, and operating systems that have been designed to provide maximum security.
Why am I signed off sometimes and I have to sign in again?
If Online Banking has been inactive for a period of time, Online Banking may automatically sign you off to prevent unauthorized use of your accounts, and to prevent others from viewing your information.
Can I pay my bills using online banking?
Yes. You can make payments to anyone in the United States from the utility company to the local babysitter. You may schedule payments to be made immediately or on a specified date in the future. You can even set up recurring payments so you do not have to worry about paying your regular bills. Recurring payments can be set up weekly, semi-monthly or monthly. Bill Pay eliminates the need for writing checks or addressing envelopes. More importantly, it saves you time and simplifies your busy life. (Fees may apply)
What type of account is required for bill pay?
Bill pay can only be used with a checking account.
May I pay bills from more than one checking account?
How far in advance should I set up a payment to ensure it is paid on time?
We recommend that payments should be made at least five (5) business days in advance of the due date of the payee.
Can I transfer funds between my accounts?
Yes, you can transfer funds between any of your Sutton Bank accounts.
Do I need extra software or hardware to use online banking?
No extra software is necessary. You can access your Sutton Bank accounts from almost any PC that has Internet access.
Will online banking work with my current Internet Service Provider?
Yes, Online Banking works with any ISP.
Can I access my accounts from both home and work?
Yes, you can access your accounts from almost any PC.
Online Bill Pay - FAQ
How does it work?
To pay your bills online, simply add the companies and people you want to pay at the top of the Payment Center page. We use this information to make the payments for your bills. The Pay Bills section lists all of the bills you've added. To pay a bill, enter a payment amount and the date when you want the company or person to receive your payment (delivered by date). You can also select this date from the calendar. Pay as many bills as you want at the same time from the Payment Center, then scroll down to bottom and hit the "Send Money" tab; Review, then Submit Payment(s). After you pay a bill, it may move to either the Pending Payments section or the Recent Payments section of the Payment Center.
- Pending Payments: Provide a quick summary of the payments that have not yet been processed.
- Recent Payments: Provide a list of bills that have been paid in the past 45 days.
You can also find a list of the pending and recent payments for a particular biller in the Payment Assistant. If you can't find a payment in the Recent Payments section, go to the Activity tab which shows a history all of the bills you paid in the past 24 months or longer, including electronic bills and the bills that you pay automatically.
How secure is my bill payment and personal information?
We use several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- SSL - Secure Sockets Layer ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption - 128-bit encryption makes your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out - Automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined time (usually 10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you finish your tasks.
Which browsers should I use?
For best performance, we recommend that you use the most updated version of any one of these modern browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
Can I use assistive technology for access?
Yes, we've incorporated several enhancements based on priorities one and two of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These enhancements aim to make our bill pay solution more accessible to assistive technology users.
The following features may help you navigate more easily:
- Skip to Main Content Links - These links allow you to skip the page banner and the redundant navigation links and go directly to the main page content.
- Link Titles - If a link opens a new window, you are alerted in the link title. Most of the links have descriptive labels, but we provide additional information in the link title if necessary. For this reason, we recommend that you set your screen reader to read the link title attributes.
- Table Summaries - Whenever information is presented in a table format, we provide a brief description of the contents.
- Font Sizes - The fonts can be resized without significantly changing the layout of a page.
How much does it cost?
Customers with Free Student Checking can add online bill pay to their account for a discounted rate of $2.95 per month. HSA customers can add online bill pay for $2.95 per month. Small Business checking customers can add online bill pay service for $4.95 per month.
Mobile Banking - FAQ
What is Sutton Bank Mobile?
Sutton Bank Mobile is an internet-based service that delivers the convenience of online banking to your mobile device. Sutton Bank Mobile allows you to perform banking related transactions from your phone 24/7.
What services are available with Sutton Bank Mobile?
Sutton Bank Mobile allows the following types of services:
- View account balances
- View transaction history
- View pending transactions
- Transfer funds
- Make loan payments or advances
- Receive "eAlerts" on banking transactions
What type of accounts can I access with Sutton Bank Mobile?
Sutton Bank Mobile will provide access to the same accounts that are viewable through Online Banking including your checking, savings, CD's and loans.
Is there a cost to use Sutton Bank Mobile?
No. Sutton Bank Mobile is a free service. Please contact your cell phone carrier for any standard charges that may apply to text messaging or web usage.
How do I enroll in Sutton Bank Mobile?
Sutton Bank Mobile enrollment is completed through Online Banking. Choose "Profile" then "Mobile" then "Enrollment".
How do I access Sutton Bank Mobile?
After enrollment a text message is delivered to the registered device with a link to Sutton Bank Mobile. If the text message has been deleted, simply access the logon page provided by the bank. From the logon page a new "One Time Password" can be requested to deliver a new text message to the device to login.
What do I use for my Access ID?
The Access ID used for Sutton Bank Mobile is the same as the Access ID used for Online Banking.
What phones are supported for Sutton Bank Mobile?
Phones must have internet access and a browser that supports XHTML pages. Please contact your carrier for specific questions relating to your phone’s individual settings.
Does Sutton Bank Mobile require any software to be loaded to the phone?
No. Sutton Bank Mobile is a browser-based application that does not require any software to be loaded to the individual device.
Is Sutton Bank Mobile secure?
Yes. All messages exchanged between the cell phone and server are encrypted with 128-bit encryption. The message is then transferred over the phone carriers' network.
Can I have Alerts about my account activity sent to my cell phone?
You can set up Alerts that will be sent via text messages or emails (or both) to your cell phone. Note that you will need a web-enabled phone and Internet service from your cell phone provider to receive email messages.
- To set up your alerts: Log into Internet Banking. From the MESSAGES area, click on the NEW link on the events line, and follow the onscreen prompts. From the SEND TO pull down list, select EMAIL. The next line is EMAIL ADDRESS. This is where you decide where and how to send alerts to your cell phone.
- To send alerts using text messages: Simply type in your text message address in the EMAIL ADDRESS field. This is usually an email address that will be converted to a text message. Many providers use your cell phone number @ your provider's Web address such as: [email protected] You may need to contact your cell phone provider for this address.
- To send alerts using email: If your phone service is set up to receive email, then simply type in your cell phone's email address.
- To send alerts to multiple addresses: Type in each email address separated with a comma. To learn how to set up alerts refer to the video tutorial.
Mobile Check Deposit - FAQ
How secure is Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit provides the same security that you have with our online Banking. As an additional protection, the images of your checks are stored securely at the bank after successfully processing and not on your mobile phone.
What types of checks are accepted with Mobile Check Deposit?
- Personal checks
- Business checks
- Government/Treasury checks
- Cashier's checks
Checks must be from a U.S. institution and in U.S. dollars.
Are there any checks that cannot be submitted using Mobile Deposit?
You agree that you will not use Mobile Deposit to deposit:
- Checks drawn on the account in which you are making the deposit
- Checks that are "stale dated" (6 months or older) or "postdated"
- Checks that is not fully written out or are incomplete (i.e. missing the date, missing the payee, etc.)
- Checks that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check
- Checks stamped with a "non-negotiable" watermark
- Checks payable to any person other than you (no third-party checks)
- Checks previously submitted through this service or previously deposited at any financial institution
- Savings Bonds
- Foreign checks
What are my Check Deposit limits?
Each account is unique and there are limits for Mobile Check Deposits. Please contact our call center to determine your deposit limit. If your limit is too restrictive for your normal deposit activity, the limit can be reviewed and adjusted. Just call or email customer service at 800-422-3641 or [email protected]
How should I endorse the check?
The back of each check must include: The words "For Mobile Deposit Only" and your endorsement (payee's signature)
PLEASE NOTE: If the back of the check is not properly endorsed for mobile deposits, we reserve the right to reject the deposit.
When will my funds be available?
Deposits are subject to verification and funds may not be available immediately. Check deposits received by 4:00 on a business day are usually available in your account the next business day. Business days are Monday thru Friday (excluding posted holidays).
What happens if there is an issue with the deposit?
Once you've made your deposit, you'll get an email confirmation that we've received your deposit and are processing it. If there are any problems with the check image itself or the endorsement, the deposit will be rejected and you will receive an email notification indicating why it was rejected. You can redeposit the check using the mobile application if you receive such notice. If there is any problem with the transaction, like insufficient funds for the check deposited or potential fraud, you'll receive a letter in the mail asking you to bring the check to a Sutton Bank branch to resolve the issue.
What time do I need to deposit my check in order for it to be available the next day?
The cut-off time for Mobile Check Deposits are currently 4:00 pm Eastern time.
Are there any fees?
No! Mobile Check Deposit is a FREE service! However, we recommend that you check with your wireless service provider to see if there are any wireless carrier fees.