Put down roots in the place you love with help from home mortgage lenders who know your neighborhood.
- Competitive Rates
- Apply Online. Property must be located in Ohio
- Refinancing Available
- Competitively low rates for home purchase, refinance, or construction
- Available for primary residence, second homes, vacation homes, or investment properties
- Fixed rate mortgages
- Construction Loans
- Helpful lending experts with in-depth knowledge of area real estate
- Free pre-qualification for extra confidence when it comes to securing financing
- Refinance your current home to potentially lower your rate
- Repayment terms tailored to fit your needs
- Local decision-making and processing
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
To Get Started
The following home loan toolkit provides a step-by-step guide to help you understand the nature and costs of real estate settlement services, define what affordable means to you, and find your best mortgage.
Need to save for a down payment? Here are some tips to help you!
15, 20, & 30-Year Fixed-Rate Loans
A fixed-rate mortgage offers a straightforward, predictable monthly payment. With fixed-rate mortgages, your interest rate — and your total monthly payment of principal and interest will stay the same for the entire term of the loan. That predictability makes it easier to set your budget.
What Will My Mortgage Payment Be?
Here are some handy sample scenarios to give you an idea of how the process works once you plug in the numbers.
- For a 15-year loan on a $100,000 mortgage with a rate of 5.50% (APR 5.804%), and 20% down payment ($25,000) and a purchase price of $125,000 with no points:
- You would have a monthly payment of $817.08 (principal & interest)1
- For a 20-year loan on a $100,000 mortgage with a rate of 5.50% (APR 5.741%) and a 20% down payment ($25,000), and a purchase price of $125,000 with no points:
- You would have a monthly payment of $687.89 (principal & interest)1
- For a 30-year loan on a $100,000 mortgage with a rate of 6.00% (APR 6.186%) and a 20% down payment ($25,000),and a purchase price of $125,000 with no points:
- You would have a monthly payment of $599.55 (principal & interest)1
1Stated rates and terms intended as examples only.
Call (800) 422-3641 or contact us for the most current rates and terms.
Can't find your dream home? Looking for something more practical than the market seems to offer? Sutton Bank will help you build it.
We get the process in motion so you'll only pay interest on the loan during construction. Upon completion, convert your construction note into permanent financing with your choice of fixed or variable rates.
- Competitively low rates for your home construction project
- Available for primary residence or second home construction
- Payments are interest-only during construction phase
Fannie Mae's HomeReady™ Mortgage Program may be your ticket to home ownership!
Fannie Mae has available a First Time Home Buyers program called HomeReady designed to encourage home ownership. This great new loan program is designed to compete with FHA.
There are many benefits for a borrower using HomeReady mortgages. Besides that it is accessible and the financing is practical here are a few more borrower benefits:
- There is a low down payment. This is a huge perk because a down payment is a huge draw back for some people that want to purchase a home.
- The down payment can come for the borrowers own funds or as a gift from a relative or fiancé.
- HomeReady has an online home ownership education that really help buyers prepare and get ready for what is required as a homeowner. Completion of the home ownership course is mandatory.
- HomeReady is a conventional home financing program with a monthly mortgage insurance that can easily be cancelled as compared to FHA which currently has mortgage insurance for the life of the loan when making the minimum down payment.
Income limits are set by geographical areas. In underserved areas, there are no income limits. In more economically developed areas, Fannie Mae has limited the amount of money HomeReady applicants can make. This policy ensures the program is reserved for the ones who need it most. The following is a breakdown of income limits.
- Properties in low-income areas: No income limit
- Properties in high-minority areas and designated disaster areas: Applicants can make 100% of the area's median income
- Properties in any other area: Applicants can make 80% of the area's median income.
If the borrower makes more than this, he or she could find a home in a more underserved area with no income limit. Upon a successful home search, he or she could use HomeReady.
Fannie Mae has published HomeReady eligibility maps for each state that detail each geographical area. Be sure to check the property address of the home you want to buy and your income with your lender.
Minimum Credit Scores
One aspect of this loan that is not super flexible is the credit score requirement. This program requires fairly good scores to qualify. Still, borrowers don't have to have perfect credit.
Fannie Mae requires a score between 680 and 700 to qualify.
Have a low credit score? A HomeReady borrower who puts 25% down may qualify with a score as low as 620.
While credit score requirements are high, borrowers can raise their scores by fixing errors and outdated information with some credit help.
But for now, this program is ideal for buyers with a good credit history but don't quite fit inside the traditional lending box when it comes to their down payment and income sources.
For more information, contact or visit a Mortgage Lender at an office nearest you, or call 800-422-3641.
RefiNow is an affordable refinancing option aimed at making it easier and less expensive for qualifying homeowners to reduce their monthly housing costs by taking advantage of today's historically low interest rates. Available to borrowers at or below 100% of the area median income with debt-to-income rations up to 65%, RefiNow offers features that help to address some of the barriers to refinance and is a great option for creditworthy borrowers who may not have previously qualified.
To qualify for the refinance option, homeowners must have:
- a Fannie Mae owned mortgage secured by a 1-unit, principal residence;
- current income at or below 100% of the area median income;
- no missed payments on their current mortgage loan in the past six months, and no more than one missed payment in the past 12 months; and
- a mortgage with a loan-to-value ratio up to 97%, a debt-to-income ratio of 65% or less, and a minimum 620 credit score (applies to the new refinance loan).
Area Median Income Lookup Tool
Have questions? Please call 419.426.3641 and ask for the mortgage lender nearest you!